Weekly newsletter courses
I offer a couple of newsletter courses on leadership:
This is offered as a paid or free course. Covers a wide range of topics for engineering, product, and design leaders. Click above to sign up or see the FAQ below.
This is a paid course. Designed for engineering managers who are just getting started or have some experience. Click above to sign up or see the FAQ below.
About the courses
- What is the format for these classes?
- They are email-based newsletter courses.
- How much time do these courses require?
- For all of the courses, the amount of time you devote to them depends on you.
For Engineering Leadership Weekly, most of the content is ideas and inspiration for your practice.
The Frontline Management Bootcamp course has some assignments. But all assignments are optional, and it's up to you to decide which you want to integrate into your management practice. For example, there is an assignment to set up your support network, with some suggestions for how to do so. You don't have to do any of them, but you'll probably find it helpful.
- Are there assessments or quizzes with these courses?
- No. The courses do not have an assessment.
- Is there any interaction with other students?
- The Frontline Management Bootcamp course has a private Slack group you can opt to participate in. It's like a support group for managers! You can ask questions there and get answers from your peers and from Jade.
- How is the paid version of Engineering Leadership Weekly different than the free version?
- The paid version includes a 1-1 session with me, and also supports my writing. If you're able to do the paid version, please do. These courses are something I do because I want people to pass on the things I've learned. I can make much better money doing other work. So this helps make it financially viable.
- I can't afford your classes, but really want to take them
- Contact me! I'll set you up.
- How much email will I be receiving, and for how long?
- Engineering Leadership Weekly course is a weekly email with over a year's content.
The Frontline Management Bootcamp course is also weekly. It is a five month course.
After either course, you may get occasional emails, as I add additional content.
- Can I sign up for both classes?
- Yes, that should work just fine. The only downside is that you might receive two email on the same day. There are also a few lessons I've included in both courses, so you'll receive a couple of duplicates.
- If I pay for the course and don't like it, can I get a refund?
- Yes, I provide refunds with no questions asked, for two months after the course starts. Contact me.
- Is it annoying to unsubscribe if I'm finished with it?
- Every email has an unsubscribe link in it. It should be super easy.
- How do I give you feedback on any of the course content?
- You can reply to any email and I'll read it. I really appreciate feedback!
- How relevant is this content for non-engineering managers and leaders?
- The Frontline Management Bootcamp course is very engineering focused. Ironically, the Engineering Leadership Weekly is LESS engineering focused. Almost all the content is valuable to leaders from a design or product management background. Around half of the content could be valuable outside of a product development organization, for managers and leaders from many places. Just keep in mind you may need to adopt the content more to your local situation.